Outlook Cannot Connect To Gmail Account
Getting Confused in Connecting Outlook To Gmail Account?
Get a proper solution
An outlook email account is completely free webmail account like you use your Gmail account to share genuine information to the clients. Gmail and Microsoft Outlook account both have different platform and value to use as a free webmail account and both have a different setting to manage webmail account. But if you have decided to check all emails at a time on your device, you need to make some useful settings that would help you to get all the emails in one place without facing any trouble. Therefore, you should connect Outlook to Gmail account using its correct email address and password instantly.
But if you can’t connect Gmail to Outlook 365 and not able to synchronize your Gmail account, you will have to find the cause of this kind of error which is transparent because of unacceptable intercommunicate with two different mail clients.
Ways To Connect Gmail To Outlook 365 smoothly:
- First of all, you need to make sure that your Gmail account is active and then go to the settings and select the mail server.
- Click on the connect button and then you should click on the outlook email account on the Gmail account windows.
- Select the IMAP mail server and then enter the Outlook’s correct email address after selecting the add account button.
- Do the same process with the SMTP mail server and then make sure that two-factor authentication is enabled for the Gmail account or not.
- Enter the port numbers for both IMAP and SMTP mail server and then enter the Outlook email address.
- You will receive a code that you need to enter the click on the save change button at the end.
If you are the user of Android or iPhone devices, and really want to check out all emails on the same platform you should get involved in the troubleshooting and settings when you are not sure that how to fix Outlook cannot connect to Gmail and it helps you to find the right fix by yourself.
How To Fix when Outlook is not connecting to Gmail account:
- At first, you need to log in to your account from its official website and click on the settings button.
- You need to click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab and then make sure that IMAP is enabled.
- You need to click the add account button and search email and click on the Outlook app and click on the file and select add account.
- Select the manual settings and then enter the correct email address and select the internet email and press the next button.
- Select the POP mail server and then click on the incoming and outgoing mail server and enter the Outlook email address.
- Go to more settings and then switch to the advanced tab and use SSL to encrypt your connection and enter the IMAP port number must be 993.
- Follow the same process for the SMTP and enter the port number that must be 645 and select the sign in and security button.
- You can also choose connected apps & sites and allow the secure app to connect outlook to Gmail account finally.
This kind of process might take some time, which is not really ideal especially if you have easiest and better things to do. As per the techies, the thing is very simple to understand that you can find all mail at the same platform on your mobile phone right after connecting Outlook to Gmail account with ease.