How To Fix Google Drive Error 403?
Know About Google Drive Error 403 and ways to fix it
Google Drive service allows a user to store files and data on their servers. A user can access it for synchronization and sharing of files. Google drive is compatible with all the operating systems.
Although it is widely used due to large storage space, there are times when user is unable to access Google Drive. The issues might come up during uploading or downloading of files. In some cases, user gets an error message regarding the authorization- http error 403 drive download. Some of the causes of this error are:
- When multiple Google accounts are logged in on the same device, Google does not let the user to access any file. The security reasons are involved in this.
- Other reason could be when a user has logged in to multiple devices with the same account.
Google Drive Authorization Error 403
If a user wants to know how to fix Google Drive authorization (HTTP 403) error, then below mentioned fixes might help in resolving the issue:
Clear Cache & Cookies:
The browsing history, cache and cookies might be responsible for the error. So, user needs to delete these files by following the below-mentioned steps:
- First step is to open the browser.
- Then, Ctrl+Shift+Del is pressed.
- The user can select the time range and uncheck options other than cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- After that, clear now or clear data is clicked.
- Finally the browser is restarted to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Sign-out of all Google Accounts:
The user is required to log-out of all Google accounts and then sign-in in with one which has the files on Google drive. For this, user needs to follow the steps mentioned below:
- First step is to go to the homepage of Google.
- Then, click on the account profile of the account.
- After that, Sign-out is clicked.
- Once the user has signed-out, the account hosting the files is signed-in and user can try downloading the files.
A lot of people share their files on Google Drive. For sharing the files on Google Drive, the shareable link is used. A shareable link can be created as follows:
- The user is required to login to Google Drive.
- Then, the user needs to right-click the file whose shareable link is required.
- The option of Get shareable link is selected from the pop-up menu.
- After that, the share settings are clicked.
- Further, the option of Anyone with the link can view is selected.
- The link is copied and pasted in other tab of the browser or any other browser.
- And finally, user can try downloading the files.
If none of the above-mentioned steps works for Google drive error 403, user can contact the technical support. The technical support executives will serve the users with all kinds of issues and queries. To reach them, a user can either dial the phone number or write an email as per convenience. All the details required for contacting is easily available on the official website of Google.