Google Maps Timeline Not Working
Procedure To Enable Google Maps Timeline in case it is not working
Google Maps is a mobile service developed by Google which serves in web-mapping. It offers various facilities like real-time traffic conditions, street views, calculating distance by various modes of transportation. Some of the features of Google maps are listed below which makes it compatible for everyone to use it.
- It helps in finding the exact or accurate locations.
- It provides verbal information for the route of locations.
- It helps in measuring the distance from the source to destination and hence calculating the Estimated Time of Arrival.
- It provides the complete live situation of the traffic conditions on the selected route. It tells about the shortest path and the non-congested paths for the destination.
- It also helps to find someone whose location is inaccurate by simply sharing the location with the other person.
There are many more features of Google Maps.
In case, Google maps timeline not working, the user can go for the following steps:
- In the very first step, the user needs to go to App manager settings and then delete cache for the Google maps and delete the data also.
- In the next step, the app needs to be closed forcefully and uninstalling the Google maps to factory settings that is the default setting.
- In the last step, the users go to Play Store and download the update of Google maps.
How To Create Google Maps Timeline?
- If the user wants to get the timeline working on the Google maps, the first step would be creating a timeline.
- In order to Create a timeline in Google maps, the user needs to enable the location service and location history. The Google will then automatically create a timeline and it will be according to the visited websites, user’s location and search inquiries.
- Open the Google maps app, tap the menu at the top left of the screen. Then, from the options, choose ‘My Timeline’.
- The user needs to check if the Location history is disabled, then priority is to enable the setting. Now, the user can enter the place to be added to the timeline. After that tap on ‘Save’ which is on the top right of the screen to add the location to the history.
- The added place will appear on the user’s timeline now. If it needs any editing, tap on it and make the changes, label or delete it.
- The timeline feature can be disabled by setting the access of location for Google maps to ‘While using the app’ in the iPhone settings. In this condition, the Google maps app will access the location only in the case when the user opens the app, otherwise it is disabled.
How to enable timeline in Google maps?
In case of any further assistance regarding the Google maps or enabling/disabling of the locations in the Google maps app, the customer support services of Google can be availed. The technical executives will provide all the help regarding the issue in order to resolve it. They provide the solution which is best of their knowledge and experience. The contact information of Google Maps customer service can be found on the official website of Google.