Google Maps GPS Not Working on Android
Methods to resolve the issue of Google Maps GPS not working on Android:
Method 1: By toggling the GPS:
The easiest way to fix the issue is by toggling the GPS. By turning the GPS On or off from the notifications shade of the phone, the users will be able to fix the issue of Google Maps GPS not working Android in a quick manner:
- The users need to pull down the notifications shade and look for the GPS icon.
- Then, the user needs to switch it off and then wait for at least 5 seconds.
- After this, the user needs to switch on the GPS and allow it to check for the location again.
Method 2: By toggling the Airplane Mode:
Issues can be resolved by toggling the airplane mode. Steps to do the same are:
- It is easy to toggle the airplane mode by easily accessing the notification area of the phone and then looking for the icon for the Airplane mode. Sw
- The users may switch the aeroplane mode on and then wait for 15-20 seconds before switching it off again.
Doing this will allow the network connections to start all over again and thus help in correcting GPS errors.
Method 3: By removing the Phone Case:
Using the phone case may also cause disruptions and thus showing the wrong location. The users may check if the GPS works fine after removing the phone case. If it is so, then the issue is resolved.
Method 4: Using the Power Saving Mode
Using the power saving mode may cause an issue. Power Saving Mode disables important functions like that of Wi-Fi and GPS. This may be beneficial for saving battery but if the users wish to use GPS, then the users need to disable Power Saving mode. Doing this, the users will be able to fix the issue of Google Maps GPS not working on Android quickly.
- The users need to pull down the notifications shade of the phone.
- Then, the user needs to tap on the Power Saving Mode so as to switch it off if it is on.
- The users may then access the Settings menu of the phone.
- The user needs to tap on the battery so as to check if the power saving mode is enabled or disabled.
Method 5: Restarting the Android Device:
A quick restart helps in fixing the issue. The users may restart their Android device and then try using the GPS again.
Method 6: Tweaking the GPS Settings:
Choosing and selecting the right settings will assist in fixing the issue of Google Maps not working. The users need to check the GPS settings of the phone. For this, the user needs to apply these steps which will help to know How to fix GPS issues on Android phone in a quick manner:
- The user needs to head to the settings menu of the device
- Then, the user needs to scroll to check for Location and tap on it
- Under Location, the user needs to tap on the Mode location.
Read Also - Google Maps Not Working iPhone
Method 7: Updating Google Maps:
If Google Maps are outdated, then this may cause the issue of Google Maps GPS not working on Android. Since Google Maps are the key to showing correct GPS locations. If they have not been updated for quite a long time, then this may be causing some error.
- The users need to tap on the Play Store.
- Then, the user needs to tap on the three dots that will show a drop-down menu and then choose the My Apps and Games option.
- The user needs to scroll through the list of the apps and then look for the Maps.
- Finally, the user needs to tap on the update option.
Once the update is complete, the users may restart their device so as to fix the issue.
Method 8: Clearing the Cache files and Data files for Maps:
By clearing the cached data, the users may be able to fix the issue.
- The users need to head to the settings menu of the phone or tablet.
- Then, the user needs to scroll down so as to find the Application Manager and then tap on the same.
- Under the Downloaded Apps tab, the user needs to look for the Maps and then tap on it.
- Thereafter, the user needs to tap on the Clear Cache and confirm it on the pop-up box.
- Once the cache files are cleared, the user needs to tap on the option stating Clear Data.
Method 9: Using GPS Status and Toolbox App:
By using the GPS Status and Toolbox App, the users will be able to fix the issue. The users need to download and install the GPS Status and Toolbox App from Google Play so as to fix the issue.
- How To Recover Gmail Password Without Phone Number
- Gmail Not Receiving Emails
- Google Account Password Recovery
- Gmail Inbox Full How To Archive?
- Google Calendar Notifications Not Working
- Google Maps Customer Service
- How To Recover Gmail password Without Security Question
- Google Maps Satellite View Not Working
- Google Voice Customer Service Number
- Google Voice Search Not Working
- Google Chromecast Technical Support
- Google Contacts Not Syncing With Mac
- Google Chrome not Saving Passwords
- Google Support Number
- Google Maps Timeline Not Working
- Gmail Not Working
- Google Earth pro 3D not working
- Google Maps not updating on iPhone
- Is Google My Business Free
- How Do I Recover Google Account Without Verification Code
- Google Customer Service Number Live Person
- Google Chrome Not Working
- Gmail Stuck on Loading Chrome
- How do I Find my 8 Digit Backup Code for Google
- Gmail Not Working in Chrome
- How do I find my Google Authenticator Key?
- How To Lock Google Chrome Browser with Password?
- How To Deactivate Google Verification Code For Gmail
- Google Assistant Not Working
- Chrome Taking Too Long To Load Pages
- Google Analytics Not Working – How To Fix Google Analytic Not Verified
- Google Account Not Working After Factory Reset
- How To Report A Problem With Google Maps
- Google Voice for PC
- https //g.co/recover Password Reset
- Google Could not Verify This Account Belongs To You
- Google Chrome Has Stopped Working
- Google Backup and Sync Not Working
- Google Maps Not Working on iPhone
- How To Contact Google Pay Customer Service
- How to Change Language in Google Chrome?
- How To Get Free Google Drive Storage?
- Google Maps GPS Not Working on Android
- Gmail SMTP Settings
- Gmail App Not Working on iPhone, XR