Solve the issue of Gmail App not working on iPhone by applying these ways
Access Gmail app to exchange information:
Gmail is one of the most commonly used apps that helps users to send vital information. The users need to log in to the Gmail app so as to access vital information. After logging in to the Gmail account, the users may find the users saying that “Someone has your password” or “we blocked a sign-in attempt”. The users may find some issues when the Gmail app is working.
By signing in to the Gmail account, the users may send or receive the emails. It can be used to access a number of emails at the same time. The features instilled in the Gmail app allow the users to send information at the same time to a number of users.
Reasons For Gmail App Not Responding on Your iPhone!
Before getting to the resolution of Gmail App not working on iPhone first let us tell you what might be the reasons behind them. These are mentioned below.
- Improper internet connection.
- The connection of the Gmail server failed.
- Working on older Gmail version and has not been updated yet.
- Any kind of virus application like Avast antivirus must have stopped its working.
- Working on the older iOS version and not yet updated.
- IMAP service has been stopped due to which you are not able to even send or receive the email.
And there can be many other reasons that might result in Gmail App not responding on your iPhone. The users may now read further to get the issue fixed.
Ways to fix the issue of Gmail app not working on iPhone:
The users may apply the set of the solution mentioned below so as to fix the issue of Gmail app not working on iPhone without facing any issues. The appropriate ways are mentioned here:
Solution No.1: Closing the Gmail App:
The users need to force close the Gmail app and then restart/soft reset the iPhone XR. In order to clear this out, the below-listed steps can be implemented:
- From the Home screen, the users need to swipe their finger up and then click on the pause button.
- Then, the user needs to swipe right or left so as to navigate through apps preview.
- After this, the user needs to swipe up on the Gmail app preview to end it.
- The users need to apply the same steps on the rest of the app previews that the users see on the screen.
Solution 2: Clearing All The Background Apps:
By clearing all the background apps, the users will be able to resolve the issue of how to fix Gmail app not working on iPhone in a quick manner. The user needs to prevent any disabled application from interfering with the iPhone functions. For this, the user needs to apply the steps mentioned below:
- The user needs to press and hold the Side/Power button and the Volume buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Then, the user needs to release the buttons when the Slide to Power Off command appears.
- The user then needs to drag the power off slider to the right.
- After 30 seconds, the user needs to press and hold the Power/Side button again until the phone reboots.
Solution 3: Checking and Enabling IMAP for Gmail:
IMAP needs to be activated so as to deliver emails to the iOS device. The users may access and manage this feature by making use of the Gmail website. The set of instructions to fix the issues are mentioned here:
- The users need to log in to the email account through Gmail website on the computer.
- Thereafter, the users need to be sure that they have entered the same email address and password as the one that the user has set up on their iPhone XR.
- Once the user has logged in to the Gmail account, then the user needs to scroll down to the bottom of the Gmail page and then find the link present next to the “View Gmail in:” option and then select the Desktop option.
- The users need to click the settings section.
- Tapping on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab is required.
- The users need to scroll down to the IMAP Access section and then make sure that the IMAP status is enabled.
After enabling IMAP, the user needs to restart their iPhone XR and then launch the Gmail app again to see if the problem is fixed.